Community-based Adult Reentry
Services in Erie County
With the award of a $1 million Second Chance Act grant in September of 2018, Peaceprints of WNY will have the opportunity to further support and empower people at a local level, providing services for some of our most vulnerable citizens: individuals being released from the county jail. This population has long been underserved, often given fewer opportunities for pre and post-release services than individuals coming out of state and federal corrections. The impact shows; here in Erie County, over 81 % of people booked into county corrections have already been involved in the local jail system.
At Peaceprints, we are excited to announce Project Blue, a preventative program that aims to reduce recidivism and local crime rates, while disrupting the jail to prison pipeline. Working in partnership with the Erie County Sheriff’s Office, Project Blue will fill an essential service gap by providing comprehensive reentry services to the individuals coming out of the Erie County Correctional Facility and the Erie County Holding Center.
For more information please contact
Project Director, Lindsey Allen
Project Blue will:
- Serve individuals 18 and over, identified at medium to high-risk of re-incarceration
- Provide 12 months of follow along support post-release
- Employ an innovative peer mentoring program
- Utilize Ready, Set, Work! cognitive behavioral therapy
- Partner with off-site organizations to provide substance abuse and mental health treatment, transitional job training, and education